Canine Solutions will be implementing appropriate protocols in regards to maintaining social distance while handing off your dog.
Protocol for Hand Off
There are a couple of different approaches we can utilize to maintain appropriate social distance while handing off your dog for care.
- Our trainer will call or text upon arrival to coordinate hand off.
- Our trainers will provide their own leash for walks that will be sanitized with a viral-cidal cleaner after each use.
- The trainers will carry hand sanitizer on them at all time and clean their hands immediately upon exiting their vehicle and before handling your dog.
- We recommend harnessing your dog yourself so that the trainer need not handle your equipment or dog more than absolutely necessary.
- Consultations will be conducted virtually to limit potential contact.
Techniques for Transferring Care of Your Dog
Once the trainer arrives at your home:
- Hand off at the door:
- Hold or Tuck your leash to your door handle and allow your dog to exit the door, closing the door between you.
- The trainer will attach their leash and detach yours
- Upon completion of the training session the trainer will return and reattach your leash, then call/text you to hand off.
- The trainer will wait with your dog until you reclaim possession
- Transfer in the yard:
- If you have a secured yard the trainer can enter your yard and wait for you to you let your dog out.
- By your preference the trainer may remain in your yard
- Upon completion the trainer will text or call and remain in your yard until you have resumed control of your dog.
Canine Solutions Trainers will operate with best sanitation practices while handling your dog. We will eliminate any gratuitous contact between the trainer and your property and dog. Never-the-less we still recommend washing or disinfecting your training hardward after our trainer visits.